Special prices for Schools
10% Off RRP for all book orders under £75
12.5% Off RRP for all book orders over £75
7.5% Discount on CDs and DVDs
Up to 25% Off RRP on some Bibles and Hymn Books for orders over £150
Special Offers for Schools
A selection of books to help with planning assemblies and lessons.
Support for the RE teacher and anyone involved in taking assemblies, PSHE, Citzenship or lesson planning.
A range of resources for classroom or library
THE RE TEACHER'S SURVIVAL GUIDE Jane Brooke RRP £6.99 Our Price £6.30
- An excellent resource to equip and encourage Primary RE teachers!
- This short, easy-to-read manual will be a valuable resource for new RE teachers, subject leaders or anyone involved in RE lessons
- Gives teaching strategies, reassurance and practical scenarios.
- Builds competence and confidence to help teach quality RE and excite and challenge pupils.
BARNABAS SCHOOLS' BIBLE Rhona Davies RRP £12.99 Our Price £11.70
- A great children's Bible including stories chosen to cover all the main events.
- 365 stories with quotations from a real Bible translation to give a taste of the style of the original texts.
- Includes stylish illustrations and an easily accessible encyclopaedia.
- A useful and readable Children's Bible.
THEY'RE IN THE CLASSROOM WITH 4 - 5s Helen Jaeger RRP £7.99 Our Price £7.19
- A practical, easy to use resource to help your reception class develop skills and understanding.
- Fifty 10-15 minute lesson plans
- Fun, interactive learning through games, activities, questions, discussion, Bible stories and reflections.
- Providing 4 - 5 year olds with a good foundation for future progress through school and life.
STORY ASSEMBLIES FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR Volume 2 Edward J Carter RRP £8.99 Our Price £8.00
- A year's worth of assembly material.
- A book full of memorable stories to engage pupils at primary level.
- Six themes each divided into weekly
episodes covering a range of contemporary values and topics.
- A really useful resource for primary schools.
CHRISTIANITY: KEY BELIEFS AND TRADITIONS Cavan Wood RRP £7.99 Our Price £7.19
- A wonderful resource for teaching Christianity at Key Stage 2.
- Over 30 topics are covered to inform and equip RE teachers.
- Looking at key theological ideas such as creation and salvation, the life of Jesus and the growth of the church.
- Linking themes to pupils experience and understanding.
EMOTIONALLY INTELLIGENT RE Cavan Wood RRP £7.99 Our Price £7.19
- Learning about our emotions from Bible stories.
- An essential contribution to RE and PSHE teaching through a unique combination of Bible-based material and PSHE themes.
- 25 lesson plans to help pupils learn to reflect on the emotions they experience and explore ways of handling those emotions.
POETRY EMOTION Stewart Henderson RRP £6.99 Our Price £6.30
- A treasure trove of original poems to stimulate a child's observation and deep thinking.
- 50 poems organised in 15 topic based chapters.
- An ideal resource to address social and emotional values with 7 - 11 year olds.
TEACHING NARNIA Olivia Warburton RRP £6.99 Our Price £6.30
- Drawing on C.S. Lewis' classic series to help children explore and develop their worldview.
- Background information about C.S. Lewis.
- Lesson plans, drama activities, assemblies and follow up ideas.
- A wealth of ideas for use in the classroom and in collective worship
MORE BIBLE STORYBAGS Margaret Cooling RRP £12.99 Our Price £11.70
- Reflective storytelling for primary RE and assemblies.
- 16 units covering key Bible stories.
- Using tried and tested storytelling styles to encourage creative thinking and reflective response.
- Includes full instructions and follow up ideas.
WOW! OUR AMAZING PLANET David Chandler RRP £9.99 Our Price £9.00
- A cross-curricular conservation resource for RE teachers.
- Six interactive sessions for KS1 and KS2.
- Explores the theme of caring about our environment.
- Each section has background information, classroom and outdoor activities, games, puzzles, artwork and drama ideas.
- A wonderful teaching resource.
VALUING MONEY Chris Hudson RRP £9.99 Our Price £9.00
- A 10 unit RE programme helping children unpack the real value of money.
- Essential material for RE, PSHE, Literacy and Numeracy
- Relates Bible stories to questions of financial value and connects numeracy teaching to wider issues of personal and shared responsibility.
THE YEAR IN COLOUR Rachel Nicholls RRP £14.99 Our Price £12.00
- The aim of this book is to make it as easy as possible to do creative and satisfying assemblies in primary schools!
- Divided into sessions for Autumn, Spring and Summer and follows the pattern of festivals of the Christian year.
- The tone of each assembly is meditative, allowing time for "spiritual reflection".
- Assemblies to engage the hearts and minds of all primary age children.
THROUGH THE YEAR Nick Harding RRP £9.99 Our Price £9.00
- 15 primary assemblies to assist the hard pressed teacher during the busiest times of the year.
- Everyday objects such as straw, eggs and ice are used to focus on Christian themes.
- Help children uncover the true meaning of celebrations like Halloween and Christmas.
- Children will need no encouragement to participate!
More titles in stock please come in to see our full range. Please contact us to ask about our wide variety of children's fiction and non-fiction ideal for library or classroom and many at discount prices.
Fairtrade Supplies for your School Staff Room at Discounted Prices.
And Much More in Store.......
For more information contact – John Layzell, Schools Liaison
Telephone: 07786 877874 (mobile) or 01252 519172 (bookstore)